Flash and Dazzle - Lou Aronica I received this book from Net Galley in exchange for a review.

Based on the cover and the summary of this book, I expected another generic romance book where two people meet, fall in love, fight and then make up and live happily ever after. Instead, I was surprised to read about two guys in their late twenties who met in college and have been inseparable ever since. Oh yeah and they are straight. What follows is the story of their friendship from day one until present day.

To me, this book was incredibly powerful. Think about the relationships in your life. Think about the ones you find the most meaningful. You think you know everything there is to know about someone and then you find out that there was so much more you never knew and it changes everything. Also, I think we are used to books about female friendships but this time it is about two guys. People would call it a bromance but I think it's so much more than that.

This book really drove home the idea that a) you never really know everything there is to know about someone, b) people can surprise you day after day in ways you didn't even expect and c) relationships are scary, wonderful, horrible and amazing all at the same time.

I hope that other people read this book and love it as much as I did.