Letters from the Closet: Ten Years of Correspondence That Changed My Life

Letters from the Closet: Ten Years of Correspondence That Changed My Life - Amy Hollingsworth This book is a perfect illustration of the title being more interesting than the content epidemic. Part of the issue was I was reading an ARC and the formatting had major problems. Sentences were cut in two, captions of pictures (or at least I assume that's what it was) were in the middle of paragraphs, etc. This is not the reason for my 1 star rating.

I felt this book really never went anywhere. It tells the story of a 15 year old girl who bonds so much with her English teacher that they pretend they are engaged just so people don't question their relationship. I'm not sure what the author learned about life from her teacher because it was buried in literature references, excerpts from the teacher's letters and family stories. This is another one of those books that makes me feel unread, unlearned and stupid. I almost gave up on it but wanted to see if anything was learned. I'm still waiting to figure that part out.

Received from Net Galley.